Saturday, May 29, 2010

Potential Mac OS X Mouse Acceleration Solution

So... in a previous post, I discussed more about the ongoing Mac OS X mouse acceleration problem. Most notably that the OS does not have a means of turning this feature off.

I just found this:


It appears Razer has made a mouse driver for one of their mice that allows us to turn off acceleration! It's called the DeathAdder, and here's a link to it that works at the time of writing.

I know that USB Overdrive and MouseFix allow us to do that, but USB Overdrive's speed is too low, and MouseFix gets broken as soon as you adjust the mouse speed.

It's still not as good as if Apple were to let us choose how to use our mice in the first place. But I personally find Apple's mice poor for gaming, and I always buy an after-market mouse anyway. I also need a replacement for my Logitech MX Revolution. I really like it, but it's too heavy and is bothering my wrist.

Anyway, if I get one of these, I'll post a review after I try it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home