Sunday, June 25, 2006

Eve Online - First time podded

So I'm mining in a Vexor out in 0.4 sec space, with 4 Infiltrator 1 drones, one 150mm railgun and 3 mining lasers. I'm grabbing some Jaspet, because I need nocxium.

Anyway, two pilots marked in yellow fly up, warp scramble me, destroy my cruiser in about 10 seconds, then demand 5 million ISK or they'll pod me.

Um... There are several problems with this proposition. I've just lost 5 million in equipment, and my clone costs 65k to replace. Now they want me to pay them 5 million to avoid replacing my cheap clone?!? Even if I DID want to avoid being podded, how do I know they won't kill me after I give them the money? I think given what I was doing out there (mining with cheap-ass drones for cover) that it was clear that I wasn't worth much. Had they demanded, say 500k BEFORE blowing up my cruiser, maybe they would have gotten something from me.

I dunno, some people just don't think things through. This reminds me of an excellent article by an economist about the Basic Laws of Human Stupidity. This is an excellent read; I highly recommend it. They gained nothing for themselves, and cost me a lot. At least it's not the most irritating form of BHS, which is when people cost me a lot AND hurt themselves in the process. And if you're curious, their names are "wide" and "Spyre."

Heheh, and BHS is also the initials of the high school I went to.

1 Comments:

Blogger sapientfish said...

I have a friend who I tried to get to play EVE. He hated it. Alot. But that aside, he had this to say:

"Um, the only thing fun about this game is ruining it for other people."

While I don't agree, I think your two little yellow friends probably do. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

2:03 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home