Sunday, October 15, 2006

EVE Online: Idiot Ore Thief

Lolotor2 just bit the dust. He was in an Iteron, and was warping in and stealing my ore then warping out. I was in a mining barge, with some drones hanging around. He did it many times before I noticed, since I was working on some php in another window. Then I saw him. He got away. Next time, I locked on, but told the drones to engage a rock (interface problem): forgot to move the current target cursor over to him. He got away after getting shot once or twice.

Now at this point, he knows I'm not a macro miner. Macro miners set up scripts to automatically mine for them, and they are usually afk. I hang around waiting for him to come back. I realize at this point that the aggression timer has started since I shot him. He's now got 15 minutes to shoot at me with no repurcussion from the police. I think, "Uh oh. Maybe I was just baited into shooting him, and he's gonna come back in a battleship or something!" So I debate with myself, wondering if I should run off. In the end, I decide not to.

Then he came back AGAIN, still in the Iteron! This time I locked and fired. His ship blew up. :D First ore thief I've caught.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home