Tuesday, May 06, 2008

EVE-Online: Fallout from the Gniess op

Right, the previous post talked about a load of Gniess I found. Well, turns out that the belt was in the system that's the HQ for Error666, a pirate corp.

After mining about 53 million ISK worth of Gniess, I logged off for a few hours for some RL art appreciation. I came back to find an alliance mail:

2008.05.04 19:05
The pirate corp error666 showed up in the gniess field, that Norjia found, in stealth bombers, took out a typhoon and a hulk. Recommend everyone avoid the spot now.


So, unfortunate members of the alliance have lost a 60 million ISK battleship and a 150 million ISK mining ship. We take our losses, and go about our business.

That was yesterday. Today, I log on to find this:

2008.05.06 16:28
Error666 has declared war on Apoapsis Multiversal Consortium.
After 24 hours fighting can legally occur between those involved.


So now we're at war again; it's been over a year, but still it's unpleasant for an industrial corp. So I'm in the freighter, hauling 5 Brutix battlecruisers back the HQ to sell. I didn't want to flood the market with 10 where I also put up 20 cruisers and some strip mining modules for sale. The war starts in 16 hours, so I still have time to get some industrial business going before the shooting starts.

At this point, we only have hearsay that smaktalk from one (or both) of the pilots destroyed in the gniess belt. Pirates take smaktalk very seriously in this game, for some odd reason. So if you're ever killed, DON'T bitch at your killer. I did once, but that's another story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home