Saturday, May 17, 2008

Echochrome Demo

So I've been looking forward to Echochrome on the PS3. Though having seen the video of this interesting puzzle game, I thought, "This will either be really awesome, or just really irritating."

Well, I tried the demo. It's nice, but there's a serious issue. The way the game works is that you alter the layout of the playfield by changing the camera angle. One play mechanic is to hide holes in the paths behind posts, then the hold disappears so you can walk over it. But a hole can only be crossed if it is completely hidden. So if you're off by 1 pixel, you fall through the hole. THAT is not fun. So for me, the game in its present form falls on the side of irritating, though I wouldn't say really irritating.

So give the demo a try. If you like it, I suspect $10 for 56 levels is a good value.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home