Wednesday, September 24, 2008

EVE-Online: The Covetor BPO, Part 2

So, if you read this, you may want to know what eventually happened.

I happened across someone selling a fully researched Covetor BPO in high-sec, for 2.35 billion ISK. That means I pay them 350 million for researching it (which takes a month), and delivering it to high-sec for me.

Before accepting the contract, I had to be very careful to make sure the item I would get was what I thought it would be. There are a lot of contract-scammers who do things like post a Tech 1 variant of a ship (worth 900 million), but they put the Tech 2 variant (worth 4 billion) in the name of the contract. If you're not very careful, you get ripped-off. Over time, CCP (EVE's developer) has made the contracts clearer about what's in them, but apparently many people are still fooled.

I wasn't fooled. We got the BPO, and it's now happily turning out BPCs so BM2 can start to make and sell Hulks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

Ah, another of EVE's amazingly exciting features. The careful reading of contract fineprint. Well I never.

3:07 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home