Saturday, July 11, 2009

EVE-Online: The Covetor BPO, The End of the Line

So, sadly, it's time to write the last chapter about the Covetor BPO. I wrote earlier that it paid off. That was because the invention percent on the first run was above average. Now that I have run it long enough to get the correct invention rate, it turns out not to pay very well. Apparently, due to the existence of Hulk BPOs that can make Hulks without the cost of invention, they can undercut us inventors and still make a load more money. CCP needs to do something about the old Tech II BPO situation, in my opinion.

We put 4.6 billion ISK through it in a combined operation of selling Covetors, Hulks, and Covetor BPCs. Net sales were 2.5 billion. Net profit was 230 million. Not a very good margin, considering the amount of effort it was compared to manufacturing and selling battlecruisers.

We make about 2 million each selling Myrmidon battlecruisers, and we can sell about 15 a week with very little hassle. Simultaneously I can run other battlecruiser BPOs and earn similar amounts of money, and since I can sell the various types one jump from where I make them, it's better business.

So, I sold the BPO:


We are now sitting on 3 billion in cash, and are looking for new adventures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home